I opened my email tonight and got a wonderful surprise and honor. I am totally blown away! First of all, I wish to thank James F. O’Neil for nominating me. He writes a wonderful blog titled Memories of a Time and I find his posts very heartwarming and honest. He bares it all when discussing his memories and his life, makes you smile all the while making you feel like you are sitting across the table from a friend sharing a coffee break and catching up on all the news. Please visit his blog here Memories of a Time and tell him I said “Hello”.
The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
OK, that is a lot of stuff to do but here we go…I hope I do you proud James.
The questions he asked me to answer were:
Who is the most important person in your life today? I would say the most important person in my life today has to be my husband. He is my best friend.
Have you seen a good movie lately? What made it good? Yes, I recently watched Rose Red. What made it good is that it was based on a novel by Stephen King, my favorite author.
Did your schooling connect to your life? If by connecting you mean am I doing what I went to school for the answer is no. I attended college under the Graphic Arts program but never completed the degree. Long story there that I won’t go into here. =)
What makes you angry? Being told what to do or having my feelings minimized and discounted. I am a full grown adult and the last time I checked that meant I could make my own choices and decide how I feel and what I will do. My ex-husband was abusive and this is so a hot button issue for me.
For what in your life do you feel most grateful? Having the relationships that I do with my family and friends. I know without a doubt I could rely on any one of them in a crisis as they could me.
For a person you loved deeply, would you be willing to move to a distant country knowing there would be little chance of seeing your friends or family again? Due to the answer to the question above, having little chance of seeing my friends or family again would be a deal breaker when it comes to moving to a distant country.
What is your most treasured memory? The birth of my first grandchild.
Which sex do you think has it easier in your culture? Hands down I would say that men have it easier in my culture. They get paid more for the same job and they don’t get judged like women do. There is definitely a double standard, still.
What is the greatest accomplishment of your life? The greatest accomplishment of my life is raising my two sons as a single Mom and showing them that their father is NOT what a man is supposed to be like. That a woman does not have to accept that type of behavior.
Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as your dinner guest? I would want to have dinner with my maternal Grandmother. I miss her so much, still.
What do you like best about your life? I like what I do the best. I work for myself and spend my days at home working on my YouTube channel (I am a YouTube partner) and on this blog. I can come and go as I please and do things all day that makes me happy then getting to share them with the world.
Now for 11 Random Facts About Myself (so you can get to know me a little more)
- I am deathly afraid of snakes the same way my Dad was.
- I love to draw, sketch, paint and be creative in general.
- My high school Spanish teacher once asked me if I had any Spanish heritage because on my oral exam I sounded like a natural.
- I never used to drink beer until a couple of summers ago. Could not stand the taste of it and then all of a sudden I could. Weird.
- I have worked on my own cars before and I am not talking just checking the windshield washer fluid. I have honed cylinders and switched out cap and rotors, changed spark plugs, done head gaskets – the works. I did say I was a single Mom, right?
- I used to go to 4-H and learned how to make my own clothes, bake bread and various other life skills. I still have the collector spoons we were awarded somewhere in a box.
- The written word is my best and truest way of communicating.
- I have two best friends that I have known for over 18 years each. They both live miles away and yet we can talk on the phone like we were together only yesterday.
- I love jewelry…mostly rings but some earrings, bracelets and necklaces too.
- I wanted to be a doctor when I was younger and have had a couple of doctors tell me they were impressed with how thoroughly and accurately I have researched medical issues.
- I quit smoking 3 years and 3 months ago – so proud of myself for staying quit.
The Following Five Links Belong To The Bloggers I Have Nominated:
Please visit their blogs and you might just want to follow them as I have.
Okay gang, to the bloggers I have nominated (linked above) here are your list of questions I would like you to answer should you choose to accept the award.
- Who has had the biggest impact on your life thus far?
- Why did you start a blog and when?
- Do you have a pet(s) at home and if so what are they and what are their names?
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would that be?
- What did you want to be when you were a child?
- What is your favorite thing to do to relax?
- What color is the flooring under your feet right now as you answer this question?
- Do you dream in color or black and white?
- Do you have any siblings?
- What has been your biggest accomplishment in life?
- Do you drive a vehicle and is it standard transmission or automatic?
A big thank you goes out to Lorraine who writes a blog called Wording Well that was a huge help to me when I was trying to figure out what to do to accept this wonderful award. You can find her blog here: Wording Well where she explains what The Liebster Award is all about and what the Official Rules are.
I believe I have now complied with all the rules set out for me above and it is time to notify my nominees. Thank you all for this award! =) It has given me a new drive to keep blogging away and sharing all things from Susan’s Perspective.